Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year 2016!


It's New Year's Eve and I am cheering for the Crimson Tide with my better half whilst I get ready to go ring in the New Year with my patients.

And, of course, it's also time for a little look back and some goal setting too.

When I looked up my Best Nine (my most liked pictures on Instagram) from last year, this is what I found:


And, in a strange way, these pictures do cover a lot: 
-  My nursing career (which I love).
-  Tattoo outings with my better half for my life verse symbol (always awesome).
- The fall goals I wasn't healthy enough to meet that finally prompted a major job change.
- My country.
- My faith.
- Meeting Jewel (gahhhh!).
- Sweet surprises from even sweeter friends (Thanks, Al!).
- Our wild unruly adorable furbabies.
- My commitment to beating RA.

This year brought plenty of stress (that's life), but, in the end, I found a great new night shift nursing job that is only a few miles from home, found an amazing church home, lost 30 prednisone pounds, read lots of good books, and had a great time with family, friends and fur babies.

Overall, a great one I say.

And, of course, no New Year's post is complete without some goals for the new year:

2016 - It's Gonna Be A Good One

1. Faith and family first. Schedules tend to get so crazy at times and last year we missed a lot of church when I was sick and starting Methotrexate and working a stressful job. This year, getting us all to church together each week is my goal. I love that our church has online church for the times when it is just not possible but I want to physically be there more often than not.

2. As I said in my previous post, I'll be doing lots of reading and working on my little blog. So excited!

3. I am restarting my Tone It Up eating and exercise plan. My running days are over (my RA insisted) but walking and yoga are perfect for me. I do hope to finish my weight loss goal but I'm not even putting a number on it this year. As long as I'm feeling good and healthy, I'm happy with my results.

That's All, Folks! ;)

I'm keeping it simple this year so I don't need a personal secretary to keep up with my New Year's goals.

Wishing you all peace, love, good books, good food, fun, and a Happy New Year!














No comments:

Post a Comment