Sunday, January 10, 2016

Real Talk From A Plague-ish, Tired, If-These-Kids-Don't-Go-Back-To-School-NOW-I'm-Running-Away Mom

Y'all, I try to keep my little blog upbeat.

And write about bible studies and books and ideas and good good things.

But today I am just toast.

Crispy, set off the smoke detector, burnt toast.

See, for starters, our houseful of teenagers have been out of school for almost three weeks now for Christmas break.

Three. Weeks.

Three weeks spent arguing, asking questions, making messes, making noise, tearing through groceries, tearing up the house, and generally doing all the things that teenagers with no schedule for three weeks do to make their parents want to abandon everything, grab the pets, and move to Guam with only the clothes on their backs.

Then my husband and I both got sick. Snotty, achy, nasty, groddy sick.

We are miserable.

Then I worked last night, came home this morning, started a Medrol dosepak for my body pain because my plague is aggravating my RA, and, with the monster dose of steroids, I have been awake all day.

So for about 30 hours now.

With the plague and the too-much-free-time teenagers.

Then I ran to Dollar General, got a flat tire, and my sick husband had to come rescue me - on foot because his car wouldn't start - and change it in the dark in 30 degree weather. 

And then we got home to all three teenagers each separately inquiring about going to the mall tomorrow because "it's their last day out of school."

I am so serious.

So, today my blog is not full of happy ideas or books or verses.

Instead, it is full of snot and ouchies and head pain and the sincere hope that my husband and I can get to our bed with our kleenex and our desnotters, put a movie in, and rest quietly before we have to remove any adolescent noggins.

Usually when I feel bad, I really do focus on a specific bible verse that fits the situation and it helps a lot.

Today I am just too blessed brain fuzzied to even come up with one.

All I've got in my pitiful state is a sincere "Help me, Jesus" and the Dory song from Finding Nemo.

I've been hearing it in my head all evening.

But it's going to be alright for Tuesday is coming soon.

We'll be outside the school at 7 AM, waiting.

Until then, just keep swimming, friends. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment