Thursday, July 2, 2015

I don't have cancer but I am starting chemo.

For the past several months, my hands, knees, lower spine, and right hip have been very painful quite often.

So when I went to my rheumatologist appointment yesterday, he determined that my currents meds have not been slowing the progression of my rheumatoid arthritis.

It is worsening.

He decided our next step is methotrexate, a chemotherapy drug I will take once a week.

Otherwise, none of my million meds changed at all.

I am a certified chemotherapy nurse but I haven't given it in probably eight or nine years so tonight will be homework night.

I will be sitting down in my pj's with my better half to watch the Deadliest Catch marathon (because - yay!), eat GF pizza, and do all my research.

Then, tomorrow, we are both off work for the holiday, and, other than running by the pharmacy to pick up my meds and talk to my pharmacist, it will be a "no medical stuff day."

We are going to celebrate our anniversary early and have plans to do a couple of fun things that I won't be able to do anymore after the chemo starts. More details on that later. (so very excited!) =D

Then, on Saturday morning, we start the meds.

Hopefully, I won't have side effects, and it will go smoothly, but we plan to be home all day to see.

More than anything, I am praying this will work and stop (or significantly slow) the joint damage and help control this pain and fatigue.

All prayers for this process are greatly appreciated!






No comments:

Post a Comment