Monday, May 9, 2016

New Things


I've had several things I've been meaning to do and just never seem to get started on and I've decided there is no time like the present.

Since I should be starting a new treatment plan with my new rheumatologist tomorrow, I'm going to restart a brown rice and veggies diet this afternoon - after I enjoy Mother's Day lunch with my mom. I think it will help and I'll never know if I don't try it.

I'm also going to alternate days between Level One Yoga Meltdown and our elliptical machine for exercise at home:


I think it will help my joints and I know it will help my stress.

But the thing I'm most excited about is this guy:


His name is Bob (as in Marley) and I lub him.

My amazing husband gave me him and a  beautiful guitar as gifts and I plan to learn to play them both. (I also think it's another thing that will keep dexterity in my lil' RA hands as an added bonus.)

Last night, I got Bob down from his stand, tuned him, and started a Pinterest board of Ukelele chords and tutorials and the like.

As I was pinning, what should appear but this guy:
And I was so stinkin' excited. I decided it was a sign from the Lord that it is, indeed, time for me to learn to play Bob. =D

Needless to say, Bob and I can now play and sing Three Little Birds (badly). ;)

Learning a new instrument always sounds terrible for awhile BUT I'm having fun and getting started on my new things and that's what matters.

All prayers, good vibes, and warm fuzzies for tomorrow's appointment are greatly appreciated. It is so important that it go well.

I'm going to do my part to do everything I can to help myself. I'm just praying this doctor wants to work as a team and really listen and do his part as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment